Step-by-step guide on how to register your sole proprietorship business in Malaysia using SSM's online system called EzBiz.
Thinking of starting your first business venture? Here's how you can register a sole proprietorship business quickly and easily. (Yes, this is one of those blog posts that are direct to the point.)
- Visit https://ezbiz.ssm.com.my/ and register as a new user.
- Visit the nearest SSM counter to activate your ezbiz account (one-time activation). The activation process at SSM counter is very straight-forward. Just bring your IC and scan your thumb at the machine. That's it.
- Once activated, visit the website again and select 'register new business'.
- Fill up the online form (Form A) which is pretty straight-forward. You can choose to use own name or trade name. If you choose trade name, make sure you click on the guide available on the site (next to the trade name field) to learn about terms prohibited from being used in a trade name.
- Lastly, pay the registration fee online (RM 30/year if you choose own name; RM 60/year if you choose trade name) plus RM 10 for business info.
The approval process normally takes 1-3 days. Once approved, simply download and print Form A and SSM certificate. Easy!
If you are still unclear with the above steps, don't worry. You can have a look at this You Tube video to help you understand better.